- 01How to resolve when 3ds Max one or more user related files are damaged or lost?
- 02Reduce rendering time related methods
- 03Image shipping with description
- 043ds Max advanced designer's skill/command, each one is useful!
- 053DS Max Final Scene Rendering Black - Possible Reasons and Solutions
- 06Renderwow SketchUp cloud rendering Guide
- 07FREE 3ds Max beta test will ends March 31st, 2018
- 08Renderwow Artists Column Officially Released!
- 09Spring Festival Notification
- 10Renderwow Starts FREE Beta Test on V-Ray for 3ds Max!
Create the scene with 2D+3D combination
Renderwow - 4/26/18 12:00
The combination of 2D+3D has become very popular in the world of concept creation. Because the 3D model can be placed at will, shape, Angle, etc. The improvement of creative efficiency is very high; On the other hand, 3D can also easily realize the difficulty to express realism in the material effect. Let the creative work half the effort. Let's take a look at the creative process.
Abandoned Ant Machinery
1. First, draw a 3d mechanical model, the basic picture layout should then be conceived.
2. After designing a basic picture layout, it’s possible to display the shape of the discarded machine armor in 3D software (MAYA, 3DMAX). It will then also show the advantages of the 3D software. You can constantly adjust your perspective, to find the best picture composition. Instead of needing it to be like a 2D drawing, a new sketch can be redrawn so the angle is changed. After I'm going to sort of define the visual Angle. Such as the Mechanical ant in the foreground and a sandstorm in the distance.
3. After the basic picture is properly laid out and the main mechanical model is confirmed. Start making different kinds of material effects. Ths is to create a story or illusion that the mechanical ant was abandoned for a long time. So this scene shouldn't create the kind of reflective metallic effect. Instead, it should be decrepit, rustic and even worn down. There is a kind of rust on the surface and the paint has come off.
As you can see the long-neglected feeling at least of the surface paint layer, the underlying metal layer, and some rust layer which is a three layer effect to create a realistic feel. Each of these three textures renders an image processing of an ant machine. Then, these three pictures are imported into PS for processing.
4. In PS, depending on the different parts of the machine, choose different materials to express. Basically, there are parts of the engine that are not painted. More of the metallic feel, and the mechanical casing is mostly yellow paint, but there's a lot of subtle wear and tear. We can use the mask function in the PS layer to make it very easy.
5. The machine armour of the main body has been preliminarily portrayed, You can then spread the rest of the picture. Basically, I'm going to define a general tone and then I'm going to determine the light and shadow effect. This is in order to focus the visual focus on the center part of the picture effect the sunlight that is hitting the ground. Use light shadow to repartition the screen, and the same for the distant sky and the vision. This is to create a realistic feeling of a sandstorm, so the whole thing is a little gray.
6. When the picture was finished, there was lack of anger without human activity. Here we've added a sitting teenager, the addition of this character adds a good visual "point" element to the picture. This makes it easier for the viewer to fall into the area near the head of the machine. The position of the character is right in the vicinity of the golden spiral focus, adding here also plays a stabilizing role.